Thursday, March 15, 2007

The "Just say no thanks" rule!

I have a tip I would like to share with you. It involves health and saving money. It may sound silly but hear me out. I used to drink soda a lot, especially when I was younger and I went out to eat with my parents. Once I got old enough to go out on my own and pay for my own meal, I realized that one soda (even with the refill for “your money’s worth”) adds a little extra cost to the whole bill, including tax and gratuity. For example, lets say one soda costs $1.75 and you go out to eat once a week for a whole year, that is a total spending of $91. You may think that is not a lot but it is $91 you could have saved. You might go out more than once a week so that means a total cost of more than $91 spent on soda, plus you might buy soda at work, school, or for your home-so it all adds up. So when asked if I would like soda to drink, I use the “just say no thanks” rule. Instead of soda at a restaurant, I ask for water with lemon and I add two packets of equal (the blue stuff-aspartame, which has been shown to have its own set of problems). It adds the flavor I need when I don’t feel like just drinking water and it is healthier than all the sugar and calories from soda. Perhaps you say, “well I drink diet soda.” You would be correct that diet soda does not have sugar or calories, however, research shows soda drinks contain a high amount of phosphorus. Phosphorus appears to conflict with the absorption of calcium so there is a greater risk of osteoporosis and softening of teeth and bones. It also neutralizes hydrocholoric acid so digestion is affected. Diet soda also has caffeine unless it specifically doesn’t include it. Personally, I get headaches if I drink caffeine, probably because my body is not used to it. If you are used to caffeine then you may have withdrawl headaches and want to go back to drinking caffeine. You will have to wait out those headaches because they should eventually stop.

Since diet soda has no nutritional value you should replace it with juice, milk, and water. Make sure the juice is 100%. I have seen ones where they are 5% juice-that to me is worthless. The 100% ones are very concentrated so added water makes it still taste great and last longer.

Check out these sites for more info-don’t just believe me-check on my words.
http://www.oleda.com/oleda_tips/index.cfm?ID=58&Ref=

http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:Wsx9Pr_JxlwJ:www.americanchiropractic.net/general_%2520interest/Statistics%2520and%2520Dangers%2520of%2520Soda%2520.pdf+soda+has+high+phosphorus&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=10&gl=us

http://joi.ito.com/archives/2002/10/26/is_diet_coke_bad_for_you.html

http://diet.ivillage.com/issues/ichoices/0,,9gh2w46k,00.html

Try this link below-we both get paid, get links back to our sites or blogs, and are given new material to write about for you and your readers!



Also, you can access this article at http://www.helium.com/tm/214411!


Don't forget to sign up for free at http://www.agloco.com/r/BBBS4943 (refer to post A New-Internet Craze?...or Just Hype in January)

No comments: